Repair scratches caused by cigarette burns on bath tubs
It is normally possible to remove light scratches and minor cigarette burns by polishing them out with 1200 grit waterproof sandpaper and finishing off with Brasso or other burnishing compounds to bring up the natural gloss.
Repair scratches caused by cigarette burns on Karran kitchen sinks
Light scratches and cigarette burns can me removed by sanding them off the Karran matt surface with not more than 400 grit waterproof sandpaper. If a finer grain (grit) waterproof sandpaper is used it will make your surface shiny and stand out.
Repair deep scratches and cigarette burns on baths
- Clean the damaged area, particularly the edge of the cavity or chip, otherwise a dirty outline will appear on the finished repair.
- Mix a teaspoon of liquid acrylic with two drops of hardener (available from us) and carefully stir ensuring that bubbles do not form. This should be done for approximately 15 minutes until the mixture starts hardening.
- Apply the mixture to the cavity, again ensuring there are no bubbles trapped in the repair section/cavity.
- Overfill the cavity as the mixture shrinks.
- Allow the repair to harden for approximatly 2 hours.
- In the case of the material mixed being insufficient to fill the cavity, allow to harden before applying a 2nd or as many fillings as necessary.
- When the repair material has dried, sand the excess material down with 400 grit waterproof sandpaper until it is level with the surrounding surface.
- Use a 1200 grit water proof paper to smoothen off the repair section.
- Repair and finish off the repair by polishing with Brasso.
Repair deep scratches, chips and deep burn marks on Karran kitchen sinks.
- Follow the above section 1-6.
- When the repair material has dried, sand the excess material down using no more than 400 grit waterproof sandpaper until it is level with the surrounding surface.
- Your repair is now complete since the matt finish has been restored. Do not use Brasso or other polishing compound on Karran sinks.