Foot valves and knee valves
Use foot valves and knee valves where hands-free operation is essential due to hygiene and safety. Both foot valves and knee valves are used with stainless steel hand washbasins and wash troughs. The foot and knee valves supply only cold water or pre-mixed water. Pre-mixed water is supplied through a thermostatic mixing valve such as the Meynell 15/3 (One or two adjacent basins) or Rada 222 DK (3-5 adjacent basins). Both thermostatic mixers will prevent hot water scalding thus protecting the user.
Floor mounted boxed hands free foot valve
15mm BSP DZR solid aluminium floor mounted boxed foot valve. Operates as a demand valve, so pressing the lever will allow water to pass through to the basin. Releasing the lever closes water flow. Activated with an inline demand valve. Pressure regulating valve and inline 15 mm strainer not included but highly recommended. Stainless steel grade 304 and 316 (medical/surgical) version also available.
Dimensions: 68 x 68 x 64 mm (Frame)
Dimensions: 88 x 68 x 82 mm (with valve)
Wall-mounted hands free knee valve
15mm BSP DZR brass wall mounted knee valve. Ideal for industrial or commercial applications where the floor needs to be clear of obstacles. Operates as a metered valve, so pressing the lever with your knee will allow water to pass through for about 8 seconds after which it will shut off automatically.
Always use an inline strainer to prevent dirt from damaging the inside mechanism. Warranty is void if the inline strainer is not used. Maximum pressure allowed is 5.5 bar. If you suspect higher pressures please install a pressure regulating valve. NOTE this is a light duty valve designed for washrooms. it is not designed for continues use such as fast food outlets.
Product code: C-KV
metered foot valve
We are very excited to introduce our new Italian Calderoni commercial mixing foot operated valve to the South African market which will set new standards in quality and durability. Unlike some other “Italian” brands this unit is 100% manufactured in Italy (certified). It is easy to use and extremely durable, This foot valve is unique in several ways:
- You can set the water flow for 3 seconds up to 50 seconds running time. Flow duration and volume can be adjusted after installation, without removing valve
- It is manufactured from corrosion resistant DZR brass which is the recommended brass for SA water conditions, however, surprisingly, very few manufacturers use this brass (EN12164 EN12165)
- This one valve can either be mounted on the floor or against the wall
- Very light touch required to activate the water flow, kindly to slippered feet
- Recommended water temperature 5-70 degrees Celsius
- Min 0,5 bar- Max 6 bar
- Water flow 12 l/min (3 bar) EN 816:2017
- 5 Year Italian manufacturing defects warranty