Lower water heating cost with a heat pump
Heat pumps transfer heat from the surrounding environment, such as air, to heat up the water. It does not create the heat with electricity, it uses refrigerant to transfer heat into the water.
The fan on the heat pump circulates air through the outer evaporator that acts as a heat collector. The liquid refrigerant in the evaporator absorbs the available heat in the ambient air, transforming it into refrigerant. The refrigerant is pumped into a compressor. When this warmed refrigerant is compressed, it intensifies or concentrates the heat, like a magnifying glass to the sun.
This intensely hot refrigerant is then pumped into a heat exchanger condenser where the actual heat transfer takes place. As the water passes through the heat exchanger, the hot gas gives up its heat to the cooler water. The refrigerant returns to a liquid state and is pumped through an expansion valve and then into an evaporator air coil, which starts the process all over again.
NOTE: We do not install the heat pumps. You need an electrician and/or plumber for the installation
Residential heat pumps 75 – 150 l/h capacity
Industrial heat pumps 200 – 500 l/h capacity
Industrial heat pumps 750 – 2000 l/h capacity
Heat pumps saves energy
Heat pumps are one of the most efficient hot water heating systems on the market. They utilise the solar heat stored in the surrounding environment for heating up water. This free environmental energy provides approximately 75% of the heat pumps heating energy and only about 25% of external energy is required in the form of electricity. That provides a heat output of 100% which normal geysers cannot achieve.
Heat pump features
- Domestic application in households to heat water in electric geysers and solar water heaters.
- Can be used for other applications where hot water is readily used, such as hairdressing salons and spa’s
- Works in all weather conditions and even at night.
- Micro-computer controlled with timer function, the heat pump automatically starts up and stops according to the water temperature and the temperature setting.
- Super sized evaporator coil with high efficiency hydrophilic aluminium fin and inner grooved copper pipe, provide higher performance in cold weather conditions
- High efficiency heat exchanger
- provides the same amount of hot water at a third of the cost than other water heaters.
- Environmentally friendly, free of pollutants thereby reducing global greenhouse effects.
Basic installation requirements for a heat pump
- The heat pump must be installed outdoors and the area must be well ventilated
- The installation position must allow for water discharge from the heat pump
- For ground level installation, the surface area must be hard, smooth and even to prevent vibrations
- The heat pump can be installed on a wall by using provided wall-mounting brackets and components
- The connection of a heat pump to electrical power source must be done by a qualified electrician. It must have a separate power point that meets the requirements of the heat pump.
- Warranty will be void if the heat pump is not installed by a qualified and certified electrician.
- The unit must not be connected directly to the mains power switch but must have its own isolator.
- Additional components as per specifications must be installed, these are
- Safety combination valve
- Drain cock combination valve
- 2 lever ball valves
- Sensor pockets
- Diffuser pipe
Heat pump product warranty
- The heat pump has a two year warranty period from the date of installation, provided that the warranty reply card has been correctly completed and submitted to us
- The warranty only applies to defects, which have arisen solely due to faulty materials and workmanship during the manufacturing process
- If any component fails over the Warranty period, the heat pump will be removed from the installation and be taken away for repair and then re-installed once the repair work has been carried out. The piping from the heat pump to the water heater will be sealed off by the technician, so that the water heater can operate without the heat pump.
- The installer provides the warranty on installation