Thermostatic valves are used in hospitals, clinics, food industry, homes and factories. They are also sometimes called safety valves. A thermostatic valve mixes hot water from a geyser (usually at temperatures (± 70°C) that can cause severe scalding/burning or even killing a person) with the cold water supply to provide mixed water of
Rada Maynell 15/3 Thermostatic valve
- Minimum temperature differential between hot and outlet temperature: 10°C
- Optimum temperature control range: 35 – 45°C
- Maximum hot water temperature: 85°C (for safety, a recommended hot water storage temperature maintained below 85°C and for ablution installations at between 60 to 65°C).
- The Meynell 15/3 does not have an integral flow control.
- Separate outlet flow control such as a tap, mechanical timed flow control device or solenoid is required.
- The device chosen should be non- concussive in operation.
- Inlet and outlet connectors are 15 mm compression
- Hot (H) and Cold (C) inlets are clearly marked and must be connected this way.
- The inlet connections have integral strainer and check valve units.
- Minimum operating pressure: 0.1 bar.
- Maximum static pressure: 10 bar.
- Maximum pressure loss ratio*: 10:1 (in favour of either supply).
- Maximum hot water supply temperature: 85°C.
- Maximum cold water supply temperature: 25°C.
- Note! Both hot and cold pressure should be nominally equal.
Micro Thermostatic valve for single basins
The GroTherm Micro is a small thermostatic mixer designed for single hand wash basins only. It protects the user from scalding and reduces or mixes hot and cold water to a temperature between 15- 43°C. The GroTherm Micro is extremely easy to install with the two connecting braided pipes. The GroTherm Micro is ideal for hands free basin systems where a knee operated valve or floor operated valve are used. Since both these valves are not mixers (they do not mix hot and cold water), they require a thermostatic valve for warm water.
Thermo scalding protection
- Temperature adjustment 15- 46 °C
- Thermal disinfection without re- adjustment of temperature
- Connection 3/8″ below with cap nut above 3/8″ male thread
- GROHE TurboStat® thermoelement
- Built- in non- return valves
- Dirt strainer
- Max. pressure differential 5:1
- Min. recommended pressure 1.0 bar
Connection set consisting of:
- T- unit
- Union nut 3/8″
- 2 outlets 3/8″ male thread
- Flexible connection hose
- Union nuts